NEW SHIPMENT IN TRANSIT...
The General Electric U28C locomotive, developed in 1966, provided a 300 horsepower increase over its predecessor, the U25C. Built on a larger frame than the U25C, the model also incorporated other improvements, such as new floating bolster trucks. A passenger-hauling variant, the U28CG, was produced for the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway. These units were painted in the timeless red and silver Warbonnet paint scheme and put into service on the Texas Chief, replacing well aged F units. Upon being retired from passenger service the U28CGs were repainted into the standard Santa Fe freight colors of blue and yellow.
Atlas Master Series Gold Features:
• ESU LokSound decoder, supporting all DCC programming modes.
• Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F31.
• Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
• Lighting effects to match the prototype, including Gyralight and Mars light where appropriate.
• Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
All inventory is inspected thoroughly regardless of how we have obtained it and carries our 30-day return guarantee.